Wednesday, June 3, 2009

First entry of Random Organized Chaos.

This is my blog. There are many like this but this one is mine.

On this blog however I'll post about things that have to do with me and my interest.

Okay I've wasted enough time. I'll introduce myself. I'm Steven. I'm 29 years old, I turn 30 in July and I have no fear of it. Maybe some will say that's the denial already starting to talk. Nope. I know someday I'll be a old guy with Grey hair.
It happens. The only thing I wish is that young people would have more respect for older people. It seems like more and more that is being tossed to the wind. That's a topic for another time and blog entry. Now onto something else.... hm. Let's see...


I'm a actor. Yeah, I'm a actor. I was cast as "Dynamite Dan" in a independent film called Neato Mosquito I won't go into the story or my character too much, but it was a lot of fun. You can check out the trailer at www.neatomosquiomovie.com







I've also been in Neil Simon's "Plaza Suite". I played the Bellhop in the first act and the groom, Borden, in the third.
Don't I look wonderful? Argh. LOL Wasn't a big fan of this look myself to be honest. The outfit just doesn't suit me.




Thankfully in the third act I have a lot more style going for me.
Here's a photo of me as Borden, the groom.




I've also been a extra in 3 films and a stand-in in another.

I was a extra in :

Walker Payne (2006)
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006)
A New Wave (2007)
and I was a stand-in in
A Tale About Bootlegging (2005)

I enjoyed my time being a extra on those films, even with all the crazy stuff that comes along with being a extra. A lot of it is "Hurry up and wait." Everyone wants you to be where you need to be, in costume, ready and willing to go. You need to pay attention to what they want, where they want you and what they want you to do. Most of the time they just want you to sit and wait while they set up shots and decide what to do. For me, that's fine. I don't mind waiting. I enjoy seeing the process of film making, even if I'm just sitting there watching some guy go buy carrying drinks or candy for some actor who's needing a snack. I just like being there. I think extras don't really get enough credit for what they do. Sure you sit around a lot, but it can honestly get old waiting around forever to find out what's going to happen. But movies wouldn't look right without the extras. I sometimes enjoy just paying attention to the extras in the background when watching shows or films on DVD. Those people are actors too in my opinion. Maybe they aren't winning awards, but they are there, they are acting as if they are in the situation they have been placed into and they're working hard too.

Extras should be given some credit and so I've given it.

That's all for now. I'll probably post some more tomorrow.

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment